FRS grant program dollars available!
As part of Silver Star’s membership in the Rural Broadband Association, we are excited to let you know that there are community grant program funds available – from $250 to $5,000 – to assist with business and economic development, community development, education or telecommunication applications. Watch for news on the next application period in the summer of 2023!
In cooperation with the NTCA, The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) has a goal to sustain and enhance the quality of life in America by advancing an understanding of rural issues.
Potential grants are available to nonprofits, schools, or community organizations with a project or program idea in one of these categories:
- Business and Economic Development: Help grow small or existing business, develop a new one, or create jobs that attracts key talent for our community.
- Community Development: Create outreach programs that help promote advancing technology skills of our community members, incorporate innovation into learning or raises the visibility of our community’s talent and artistry.
- Education: Support advances in education by helping schools get technology (computers, smart boards, etc.) in the classroom, build resources for curriculum development, strengthen extracurricular activities and programs or promote distance learning programs.
- Telecommunications Applications: Show how you plan to turn your community into a technological powerhouse by promoting the implementation and use of broadband-enabled applications for telehealth, education, government services, safety and security, and efficient energy distribution and use.
Please note that FRS will not fund grants to the following:
- Scholarship programs
- International organizations
- Lobbying and political activities
- Ticketed events
- Capital campaigns
- For-Profit Businesses
- Infrastructure/building campaigns
- Event sponsorships
- Community food programs
- Loan programs
- Religious-based activities
Silver Star will open up applications again in the summer of 2023. The company will review applications and submit the ones that best meet the FRS criteria. Grant awards will be announced by NTCA at the end of the year. Grant applications can range from $250 to $5,000 with 10% of the total grant award coming from Silver Star and the rest from the Foundation for Rural Service.