Silver Star Fiber Optic Construction Permission
Silver Star is excited to be bringing fiber internet to your home. For your property to get a fiber optic internet connection, there are a couple of action items that you, as the property owner, will need to complete.
Silver Star responsibilities:
- Silver Star will call and get the public locates (811) for the public utilities located on the property. Silver Star will plow to the primary residence and provide the fiber connection at no construction cost to you, provided the distance from the mainline fiber to your home does not exceed 500 feet. For a longer distance, Silver Star will work with you on a shared cost of construction.
- Silver Star will place the fiber, where possible, adjacent to the route of your existing copper or use existing conduit if available.
- If there is not a previous copper connection or conduit, construction crews will need to plow the fiber to where your power meter is on the house. However, our construction crews will verify the route with you once onsite.
- Silver Star will clean up the construction area of rock and debris, but you may need to reseed or otherwise care for the area to restore to original condition.
Property owner responsibilities:
- The property owner is responsible to locate all private utilities such as: waterlines, septic systems, sprinklers, secondary power, etc. that are on the property. Marked locations must be visible prior to scheduled construction. When the public locates are done, you will know it is time to mark your private utilities.
- The cost of repairing private utilities that are not located and identified prior to construction will fall on the property owner.
- By accepting these terms you verify that you are the property owner or authorized agent.
- By accepting these terms you give permission for construction on your property. Silver Star will place the new fiber in the existing internet line duct, if available, which should prevent the need to dig on the property. Otherwise Silver Star will place the fiber along the buried electrical line. If there is aerial power coming into the home, Silver Star will work with the customer on how best to bring the fiber to the home.
- By accepting these terms you give Silver Star permission to contact you regarding construction by email, text or phone call using the information you provided.