In following Silver Star’s commitment to the FCC’s Keep America Connected Pledge of, “Open Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them”, we are pleased to let you know that we have added additional public Wi-Fi hotspots in the following locations. Please note that these are outdoor locations to support physical distancing. Be prepared to work in your car or to be dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Victor, ID at Sherman Park
- Tetonia, ID located 6309 North Main Street
- Soda Springs, ID located at 550 E 2nd South
- Irwin, ID located at 3911 Old Irwin Road
- Thayne, WY located at 168 Moser Avenue
- Alta, WY located at 440 West Alta Ski Hill Road
- Driggs, ID located at 262 East Ross Avenue
- Jackson, WY located at the Teton County Fairgrounds
- Star Valley Ranch, WY located at 199 Vista Drive
- Alpine, WY located at the Alpine Branch Library
These locations are in addition to Silver Star existing location at the fairgrounds in Afton, WY
We have placed Wi-Fi access points at these locations to work for short term internet access needs. Here are a few things to be aware of while accessing these hotspots:
- These are not permanent locations and are only being turned up during this time of need.
- These are controlled sessions; each connection is speed limited to allow for multiple concurrent users.
- The signal may be lessened if your line of sight to the access point is blocked by things such as trees or buildings.
- Your ability to access the signal is only as good as your device’s antenna will allow.
- Please practice physical/social distancing while at these locations.
Thanks to the team here at Silver Star for getting these hotspots up as quickly as we could arrange the locations.