Service Center Representative
Position: Service Center Representative
Location: Star Valley, WY
Role: A customer support position providing technical support for voice, broadband services associated with work orders and service orders. Dispatch and schedule locates and orders for technicians. Assume overflow of trouble calls for Tier 1 support. Promote internal products and services to fit customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Using exceptional customer service skills, works with customers to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software or service related problems in a timely manner, and escalates as necessary to appropriate technical staff.
- Monitors and dispatches trouble tickets and service orders to meet current quality standards.
- Verifies and provisions DLCs (digital loop carriers) and switches required to activate, suspend or deactivate services.
- Generates, processes and dispatches trouble tickets as well as dispatch service orders and locates.
- Administers customer user accounts and services (i.e., email, Internet, Canopy wireless).
- Uses TCP/IP and other test utilities to test, validate and troubleshoot IP connectivity problems.
- Peer into customer modems using TR69 technology and other testing functionality.
- Monitors flow of service orders for accuracy and proper work flow.
- Complies with Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience / Requirements:
- Requires an Associate’s degree in computer related field or equivalent or two years of relevant work experience; or combination of education and experience that encompasses all aspects of this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, positive, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact, and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems, seek answers independently, and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
- Experience in trouble shooting and database records systems is preferred.
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users. Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment. Requires experience with personal computer equipment.
- Actively participate in the team environment that will foster forward thinking, innovation and creativity in order to meet the needs of the company now and in the future.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures with written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate various office equipment including computer, laptop, copier, MS Windows 07, MS Office 07 and various other programs.
- Ability to hold a valid Wyoming or Idaho Driver’s License.