Senior Wireless Operations Technician
Position Title: Senior Wireless Operations Technician
Location: Star Valley, WY
Role : Responsible for the general health of all wireless operations networks; tests, maintains, troubleshoots, analyzes, installs, repairs all wireless sites and any other associated transmission equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Has the ability to perform all aspects of the Wireless technician position.
- Responsible for the general health of all Wireless Operations networks.
- Responsible for all aspects of site construction and enhancements.
- Actively monitors the health of all systems in Wireless Operations and reports/repairs all issues.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains all Wireless sites and any other associated transmission equipment
- Performs Wireless site audits, antenna sweeps, frequency spectrum sweeps and maintains site configuration data using computer software and digital photography.
- Maintains communications records, inventory records, network reports, trouble reports, etc.
- Provides on-site field support for all facets of Wireless projects or enhancements.
- Works with vendors and other departments to coordinate site construction
- Educates customers and coworkers on all Wireless services, features, and enhancements.
- Prepares reports for management on network metrics.
- Be the face of Gold Star Communications, championing the company as a key player in the development of the local community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Requirements
- High school diploma, and a two year degree in a Technical Wireless field or Radio Frequency
- Technology or related certification or four (4) years of proven experience in Wireless equipment installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of telecommunications equipment.
- Experience in IP/Networking a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, positive, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact, and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems, seek answers independently, and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ability to navigate various software packages.
- Ability to travel and to hold a valid Wyoming or Idaho Driver’s License.