Caring for Community donation applications due March 1st
Silver Star Communications will accept applications to its Caring for Community donation program through March 1st. Applications are accepted annually from non-profit organizations in Star Valley and Teton Valley.
Silver Star has been providing funds to the communities it serves for over sixty years. “We believe in giving back to the communities we serve and supporting organizations that work to make our communities healthy, sustainable places to live and work,” said Allen Hoopes, CEO.
Silver Star seeks to lead by example and support organizations whose mission it is to sustain the unique character of the community for future generations. This consideration guides the review of applications. Applications and program descriptions should justify and support the amount being requested.
Examples of past donation recipients in Teton Valley:
- Seniors West of the Tetons for a sound system
- Teton Regional Land Trust’s noxious weed program
- Teton Valley Suicide Prevention Task Force for funds for counseling services
Examples of past donation recipients in Star Valley:
- Friends of the Thayne Branch Library for two computers
- Star Valley Therapeutic Riding Association for riding lesson fees
- Gift of Hope for assistance to local cancer patients for transportation and other basic needs