Silver Star Communications has been providing funds to the communities it serves for over sixty years. We are grateful for and support local organizations that work to make our communities healthy, sustainable places to live and work.
How does the program work?
Beginning in January, we will post an application on this website. Simply fill out the form and return it by the deadline of Friday, February 14 and the committee will notify all applicants of the status of your application by March 1. Each year Silver Star budgets a certain amount to contribute to the program. A committee is formed, and this committee reviews all applications at one time and chooses recipients.
How are organizations chosen?
Silver Star’s "Social Mission" is to lead by example and support organizations whose mission it is to sustain the unique character of our community for future generations. We use this mission to guide us when reviewing applications. The application for funding is project-based and will request information about how the funds will be used. Being a technology company, we enjoy seeing applications where the funds will be used for technology; however, this is not a necessity.
Is your request for a donation or a sponsorship?
The Caring for Community program is for donation requests and is not intended for event sponsorships. If your organization is seeking funds for an event or program in which Silver Star will receive benefits such as advertising, banner placement, website recognition, etc., your request will be considered a sponsorship opportunity. Simple recognition of Silver Star as a donor to your organization does not qualify as a sponsorship. Please email us with questions or sponsorship requests.
- Gift of Hope - assisting local cancer patients with transport and fundamentals,Project Linus of Star Valley - construction of blankets for children who are in need
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers - update the historic building in Star Valley
- Star Valley Senior Citizens - senior care
- Lincoln Self Reliance - Special Olympic participation
- The Turning Point - emergency client and shelter funds
- Star Valley Medical Center Charitable Foundation - projector for EMS training
- Thayne Senior Citizen Center - towards purchase of replacement refrigerator
- Quilts of Valor - quilts for wounded soldiers or for families of the deceased locally and nationwide
- Friends of the Thayne Branch Library - two desktop computers
- Star Valley Therapeutic Activities & Riding- partial funding for lesson fees for those who have financial hardship
- Lincoln County Leader Council - supplement needs for youth leadership program
- Connections Family Resources - helping families with special needs children
- Friends of the Teton River - updating their back-up server to secure files
- Seniors West of the Tetons - acquiring a permanent sounds system
- Slow Food in the Tetons - producing a local food guide
- Teton Regional Land Trust - noxious weed program
- Teton Valley Community Recycling - develop a volunteer program teaching residents about the benefits of recycling
- Teton Valley Education Foundation - enhancing educational experiences for valley youth
- Teton Rock Gym - partial purchase of wall climbing equipment and accessories
- Teton Valley Foundation- funds towards a Zamboni for the Kotler Ice Arena
- Teton Valley Suicide Prevention Task Force - subsidize counseling services
- Teton Valley Trails and Pathways- a public service campaign for pedestrian and bicyclist awareness
- Teton Valley Hospital Foundation and the Food Bank - an event focused on healthy eating on a budget
- City of Tetonia - trimming cottonwood trees in park
- Friends of the Teton River - Support Water Awareness Week
- Subs for Santa - food and clothing for deserving families
- Slow Food in the Tetons (Full Circle Education) - to build a green house at Teton Middle School
- Targhee Animal Shelter - utility cost of shelter
- Teton Arts Council - kiln vent materials and labor
- Teton Regional Land Trust - purchase conference phone
- Teton Valley Rotary Food Bank - purchase of food, equipment, general operations
- Teton Valley Education Foundation - begin an eyeglasses for students fund
- Teton Valley Hospital Foundation - promotional activities for MUST, a prescription use education program
- Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation - camera and accessories to help teach
- Teton Valley Trails and Pathways - purchase grooming roller for nordic track
- Lincoln Self Reliance - provide funds for for adults with intellectual disabilities to participate in the Special Olympics
- Project Linus of Star Valley - purchase blanket making material / mailing cost for newsletter
- Star Valley Medical Center Auxiliary - partial purchase of fluid warmer
- Star Valley Senior Citizens - match funds for vehicle purchase
- Star Valley Therapeutic Activities & Riding - lesson fees for those who can't afford it
- Swan Valley Custom Choppers, Inc. - Annual Fundraiser (donations go to Shriners)
- Thayne Senior Citizen Center - new tires for delivery vehicle
- The Turning Point - client emergency funds
"We would like to thank you for your generous contribution to the Thayne Senior Center. The seniors in our area will greatly benefit from the meals that we will be able to deliver. We really appreciate your kindness & so do the seniors that we serve. We appreciate your community-minded philosophy"
--Thayne Senior Center
"Thank you so very much for the generous grant. We will use these funds to expand our program and meet the needs of the many deserving disabled citizens of Star Valley with equine therapy."
--Star Valley Therapeutic Activities and Riding program
"On behalf of the Turning Point Board, Staff and Advocates, I would like to extend our sincere to Silver Star for the very generous donation. This donation will make a difference in the lives of many victims in Lincoln County."
-- The Turning Point
- Jackson Hole Regional Horse Rescue (located in Grover) - Funds to purchase supplies to build new shelter.
- Animal Humane Association of Star Valley - Lockable storage unit
- Thayne Senior Citizen Center - a new hot box to deliver meals to seniors
- Star Valley Senior Citizens - new refrigeration and supplies for special events
- Star Valley Therapeutic Activities & Riding - To expand their reach
- The Turning Point - Funds for emergency transportation for clients
- Lincoln Uinta Child Development Services - Phone system in their new Alpine preschool site
- Star Valley Medical Center Auxiliary - Chairs that convert to beds
- Lincoln County 4-H - horse camp
"Thank you for all Silver Star does for the community. It is wonderful to have such generous businesses in Teton Valley."
---Teton Regional Land Trust
"Thank you for supporting our Expedition Yellowstone project through the Caring for Community Grant. Our students had a wonderful experience learning about our special, local environment."
---Teton Valley Community School
"Your generosity is most helpful and greatly appreciated!"
---Subs for Santa
"We are very grateful for your generous contribution to the Targhee Animal Shelter. With the award, we will be able to purchase much-needed veterinary supplies to help the Valley's animals in need."
--- Targhee Animal Shelter
"Thank you so much for the donation. We are so excited to get our dog kit!"
---Teton County 4-H
"Over the years, Silver Star Communications has helped our non-profit and other Teton County charitable organizations by providing funding support and volunteers. Our community is a better place thanks to Silver Star's commitment to local causes in addition to your value as a large employer of local talent."
--- Teton Valley Hospital Foundation
- Learning Academy of Teton Valley - Partial scholarship for students
- Teton Valley Museum Foundation - File cabinets with locks
- Targhee Animal Shelter - Test kits and vaccinations
- Teton Arts Council - Kiln for ceramics program
- Teton County 4-H - Dog and poultry learning kit
- Teton Valley Education Foundation - Flip video technology
- Teton County Extension - Laptop for educational classes
- Teton Regional Land Trust - Plotter printer for use by all non-profits
- Subs for Santa - Easter Baskets, Back to school supplies, etc. for families in need
- Teton Basin Ice Recreation - Overhead lighting at ice rink
- Teton Valley Hospital Foundation - Latino Health Fair focused on diabetes
- Teton Valley Community School - Expedition Yellowstone field trip for students